Raspberry & Coconut Thumbprint Cookies
These mini biscuits are also grain free, gluten free and free from refined sugar. Hope you enjoy!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
175 gground almonds
25 gcoconut flour
5 Tbspcoconut oil
1 tspalmond extract
1 tspbaking powder
How to Make Raspberry & Coconut Thumbprint Cookies
- In a mixing bowl - mix together the ground almonds, coconut flour and baking powder until combined.
In a separate bowl - mix together 80g/3oz of the honey with the egg, coconut oil and almond extract until fully combined.
- Slowly add the bowl of wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing as you go, until a sticky dough is formed. Leave to rest for 10 mins.
Preheat the oven to 160C/320F.
- Add the raspberries and remaining honey to a saucepan and gently heat, over a medium heat, mixing and mashing the raspberries as you go. Once all the raspberries are mashed and well combined with the honey, reduce the heat to a simmer and leave for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Divide the dough mixture into 14 equal parts and roll into balls. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, then flatten each of the balls and use your thumb to make a small hole in the centre.
- Fill the holes with the raspberry mixture then bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
Store in an airtight container and refrigerate (should last for up to 4 days).