Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
1 1/4 call purpose flour
1/2 cbrown sugar, packed
1/2 csliced almonds, finely chopped
16 ozblock cream cheese, softened
3/4 tspalmond extract
1 craspberry jam, seedless, at room temperature
1/2 ccoconut flakes
1/2 csliced almonds
How to Make Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
- Combine flour, brown sugar and the 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds in a mixing bowl. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Set aside 1/2 cup crumb mixture for topping.
- For crust press the remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of a 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Meanwhile beat the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and almond extract in another mixing bowl, until smooth. Spread over hot crust and return to oven and bake 15 minutes.
- Stir jam until smooth. Spread over cream cheese mixture. Combine the reserved crumb moxture, coconut and sliced almonds in a small bowl and Sprinkle over jam.
- Return to oven and bake 15 minutes more or until topping is golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Chill for 3 hours before cutting into bars. Store bars in refrigerator.