Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprints
How to Make Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprints
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, combine sugar, butter and almond extract. Beat on medium until creamy. Reduce speed to low, add flour. Beat until well mixed.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on un-greased cookie sheets. With thumb, make indentation in center of each cookie (edges may crack slightly). Fill each with 1/4 tsp. jam.
- Bake 14-18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand 1 minute, remove from cookie sheet. Cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together powdered sugar, 1 1/2 tsp. almond extract and enough water to make a thin glaze. Drizzle over cookies, cool completely. Enjoy!