Quinn's Chocolate Caramel Oatmeal Treats
These bars will make everyone happy... the chocolate lovers, the granola bar lovers and the caramel lovers.
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 1/3 c
- quick or old fashioned oats, your choice
- 1 c
- brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- 8-9 Tbsp
- butter, just melted
- 12 oz
- chocolate chips
- kraft caramels, unwrapped
- 6 Tbsp
- half and half or milk
How to Make Quinn's Chocolate Caramel Oatmeal Treats
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13" baking dish and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, oats, baking soda and salt. Melt the butter in the microwave until just melted. Combine with crust ingredients. (If your crumb mixture seems a little dry, add a little more melted butter.)
- 3Press 3/4 of mixture into prepared pan. (Reserve rest for topping.) Bake for 10-12 minutes until very lightly golden.
- 4Sprinkle chocolate chips over baked crust. Microwave caramels and half and half until smooth and the consistency of ice cream topping. (Add a little half and half if not pourable.) Pour over chocolate chips.
- 5Crumble remaining dough evenly over the top.
- 6Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Although it's tempting to sample them hot out of the oven, be cautious of the hot caramel... I speak from experience! lol