In our home, we always doubled the choclate chips, and sometimes added finely chopped walnuts. Been a family favorite for over 50 years.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 csoft butter or margerine
6 Tbspbrown sugar
6 Tbspwhite sugar
1/4 tspwater, warm
1 cquaker oats
1 - 6 ozbag chocolate chips
- Sift together flour, salt, and soda, set aside.
- Blend butter, sugars, vanilla and water.
- Beat in egg; add in flour mix, mix well. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by teasp on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Makes about 50 cookies.
- Remove from cookies sheet and cool completely. Store in air tight container.