Pumpkin Spice Biscotti
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The aroma of these while baking is wonderful! It really gives the kitchen a scent of fall. The spice and pumpkin are such a good mix. Good with morning coffee or an afternoon pick me up. The Test Kitchen
1 boxspice cake mix
1/2 cmelted butter
1/2 ccanned pumpkin
1/2 tsppumpkin pie spice
1/2 cchopped pecans
10-15orange chocolate candy disks - melted
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Biscotti
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine cake mix, flour, 2 eggs, melted butter, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice in mixer bowl.
- Mix for about 2 minutes.
- Add the pecans and stir into batter.
- Divide the dough into two 2 x 8 inch rectangles, about 1 inch high.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Slice each rectangle into 1/2 inch thick slices. Slicing on an angle gives you more cookies.
- Lay the slices on their side and bake 10 minutes longer.
- Cool cookies completely before you melt the orange chocolate and drizzle over each cookie.