Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookies
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 1/4 cbob's red mill gluten free flour
1/2 tspxanthan gum
1 tspbaking soda
2 tsppenzey's pumpkin pie spice
1/2 corganic sugar
3/4 clight brown sugar
2 tsppure vanilla extract
2 cwhite chips
1 cnuts (optional)
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookies
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, Xanthan gum, and pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl; whisk together and set aside. (If making this non-gluten-free, use 2 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour instead of GF flour and leave out the Xanthan gum.)
- Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until fluffy and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until well blended.
- Fold in white chips and nuts(if desired) and refrigerate overnight. (You can bake them immediately, but the refrigeration time really allows the flavors to mingle.)
- Before baking, let the dough come to room temperature. Preheat oven to 375°.
- These cookies can be made either as bar cookies or drop cookies. If making drop cookies, drop by rounded teaspoon onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. If making bar cookies, spray an 8" square pan with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.