How to Make Puff Pastry Dulce De Leche Heart Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 400 deg. F. Remove one puff pastry sheet from freezer, and allow to thaw at room temp. for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 2Roll piece of puff pastry out to a 14"x10" rectangle. Using a 3-1/2" heart shaped cookie cutter (or any shape you would like), cut out 12 hearts from sheet of pastry (*or as many as you can with the shape you are using)
- 3Place puff pastry hearts on a baking sheet(s). Brush Dulce de Leche sauce evenly over each heart.
Crush heath bars and sprinkle hearts with crushed candy bits.
- 4Bake at 400 deg. F. for 10 minutes until puffed. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temp.
- 5If desired, place chocolate in a microwave safe cup or bowl, and microwave for about 1-1/2 minutes (stirring every 30 seconds) until melted and smooth.
Drizzle chocolate over each heart cookie.