- 6 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- sugar (or trivia)
- 1 c
- butter plus 2 tablespoons, softened,divide
- 3 large
- eggs,(room temperature
- 4 oz
- orange juice, fresh
- need one egg, for egg wash,colorful orange sprinkles
How to Make PORTUGUESE ORANGE BISCUITS (Biscoits de laranja
- 1IN A MEDIUM bowl,sift together the flour,baking powder ,baking soda,and salt.SET IT ASIDE
- 2USING the high speed of an electric mixer ,or by hand ,beat the sugar with 1 cup of the butter in a large bowl until smooth.
MIX in the eggs ,One egg at time,alternating with the orange juice,and blending well after each egg.
THE texture will look muddled,not smooth and emulsified.
- 3Fold the flour mixture, then knead Briefly in the bowl for about 3 minutes.
- 4LIGHTLY grease your hands with some of the remaining butter.ROLL a quarter- sized piece of dough into a 1/2 inch diameter rope about 5 inches long.
Shape into a coil (THESE CAN ALSO BE MADE INTO A TWIST by folding the length of rolled dough in half,then twisting a few times.
This shape produces a crisper cookie)
REPEAT with the remaining dough.
- 5( 5) PLACE on parchment-lined or lightly greased baking sheets1 1/2 inches apart and brush with egg wash,and sprinkle with orange zest,or crystal orange sugar.
BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until the bottom is LIGHTLY BROWNED and the top is light golden color, or for a Crisper cookie, bake a few minutes longer until a rich gold color.
- 6Enjoy it and share and making more memories .This cookies can also be kept in plastic tight container for up to 3 to 4 weeks.
- 7Children big and small love biscoits festively for special occasions,or at holidays.