How to Make Portuguese Biscoitos
- Dissolve the ammonia in a little milk.
- Mix flour, eggs, shortening, sugar, and ammonia mixture all together until completely blended.
- Make a well in the center of your dough. Add the melted butter into the center and continue mixing until smooth. If the dough still seems dry, you can add some warm milk.
- Take 1/4" balls of dough and mold into a 5" long roll.
- Bring the ends together (to create the O shape), and pinch closed at the ends.
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet at 300 degrees for about 15 - 20 minutes or until cooked through.