Poppyseed cookies (Anise Poppyseed Cookies)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2/3 c sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 c flour
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 tablespoons poppyseeds
- 1/2 teaspoon anise extract (optional
- 1 c confectioners sugar
- about 2 tablespoons lemon juice
How to Make Poppyseed cookies (Anise Poppyseed Cookies)
- 1Beat sugar and butter together at medium speed in large bowl until creamy. Add in egg and lemon peel and beat in.
- 2In a seperate small bowl combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Now add the dry mix to the butter and sugar mixture gradually. Add poppyseeds and anise and beat in on low speed.
- 3On ungreased cookie sheet drop cookie dough by large teaspoonfuls. Space cookies about 2 inches apart.
- 4Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Edges should be lightly browned up.
- 5Remove from oven and cool on cookie sheets for a minute. Then place on wire racks and cool completely.
- 6Mix confectioners sugar and lemon juice together in a small bowl. Now drizzle the icing ovewr the top of each cookie. Allow cookies to set for 20 or 25 minutes before packaging or storing in containers