Polish Cinnamon Cookies
- 2 1/2 c flour
- 1 1/4 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 1/2 sticks butter (softened at room temp)
- 1 c sugar
- zest of one lemon
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water beaten together.
EGG YOLK BRUSH
CINNAMON AND SUGAR BLENDED TOGETHER FOR SPRINKLING
How to Make Polish Cinnamon Cookies
- 1Mix flour, cinnamon and baking soda together in a glass bowl.
- 2In a seperate bowl cream butter and sugar together. Now add the lemon zest and the eggs.
- 3Now add the flour mix to the butter mixture. Mix to form a nice stiff dough.
- 4Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 5Roll out dough on lightly floured surface and cut into desired shapes. Place about an inch apart on cooking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 6Brush tops of cookies with egg yolk mix and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mix.
- 7Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven until cookies are a nice golden color. (about 15 to 17 minutes) Remove from oven and cool.