★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3/4 c
- 3 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 c
- white sugar
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- assorted colors of food coloring paste
- 24 lollipop sticks
How to Make Play Dough Cookies
- 1In a bowl cream butter,cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.Add egg and vanilla;beat until smooth.
- 2In a medium bowl combine flour,baking soda and salt.Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.Stir till soft dough forms.Divide dough into fourths.Tint each with a different food color.Wrap in plastic wrap and chill 2 hours.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Working with half of each color,shape dough into 3/4 inch balls and for each cookie place 1 pink,1 green,1 blue and 1 orange ball together to make 1 large ball. Shape into a 12 inch long roll(like a snake),starting at one end,coil roll to make a 2 3/4 inch round cookie. Place 3 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet.Carefully insert lollipop sticks into bottoms of cookies.
- 4Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.Cool and store in an airtight container.
- 5You can use any color of food coloring.These are really pretty cookies.