Pistachio Shortbread Cookies
Note: I get dry roasted unsalted pistachios at Trader Joe's.
2 Tbspall purpose flour
10 Tbsppistachios (dry roasted/unsalted)(divided)
2 call purpose flour
·zest of 1/2 lemon (fine)
1 largeegg yolk (beaten)
5drops, green food color
2 stickunsalted butter (softened)
How to Make Pistachio Shortbread Cookies
- In a clean coffee grinder, pulse the 2 Tbsp flour with 4 Tbsp of the dry roasted unsalted pistachios until it makes a fine meal (almost a flour). Roughly chop the remaining 6 Tbsp of nuts. Place both in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Using your hands, mix additionally with your hands until quite smooth.
- Make 1 1/4 inch balls of dough and place up to 20 on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten each cookie with the back of a fork.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 18 minutes.
- Remove from sheet to cool completely on a rack.
- Store airtight. Makes 38 cookies.