Pistachio Cream Cheese Cookies
1/2 cbutter, softened
3 ozcream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cconfectioners' sugar
3 tspgrated lemon peel
1 or 2drops green food colouring (mine needed 8 drops)
2 1/2 call-purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 cfinely chopped pistachios
60shelled pistachios(about 1/3 cup)
How to Make Pistachio Cream Cheese Cookies
- In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until blended. Beat in egg, lemon peel, vanilla and green food colouring.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a 7-1/2 inch long roll. Roll in finely chopped pistachios. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unwrap and cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices. Place one inch apart on an un-greased baking sheets. Press a whole pistachio into the centre of each cookie.
- Bake 9 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.