Pistachio and Cherry Wedding Cookie
1 1/2 cpistachios, for added flavor toast these first, not necessary but highly recommended
1 1/2 cdried cherries (7 oz pkg)
2 cpowdered sugar
1 Tbsporange zest, fine, optional
How to Make Pistachio and Cherry Wedding Cookie
- Preheat oven to 350...butter or spray 2 cookie sheets.
- Place pistachios and cherries in food processor and process lightly until both are nicely chopped, do not over process you don't want powdered pistachios.
- In a mixer bowl beat butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and salt, then add pistachios, cherries and zest, if desired. Slowly beat flour into creamed mixture until just blended.
- Shape generous tablespoons of dough into 2"x 1" logs. Place on cookie sheets 1" apart and bake one sheet at a time, 16 minutes or until just starting to turn a golden color around bottom edges.
- Remove from oven, cool on pan for 10 min. then roll gently but generously in powdered sugar. Set onto wax paper to finish cooling. ENJOY!