★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 cpine nuts
1 Tbspfresh rosemary, chopped
1 stickbutter, insalted
1/4 cdark brown sugar, packed
1 tsppure vanilla extract
2 1/2 tspkosher salt
1 1/4 call purpose flour
How to Make Pine Nut Shortbread Cookies with Rosemary
- Preheat oven to 300-degrees.
Pulse the pine nuts and rosemary in a food processor until finely chopped and combined.
- Add the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, and salt. Pulse until smooth. [Note: It may be necessary to pull out the blade and scraped down the sides so that everything is evenly incorporated.]
- Add the flour. Pulse until dough comes together and is fairly smooth.
Turn out dough onto saran wrap, and form a log with a diameter of approximately 2 inches (give or take). Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes, or up to 2 days.
- Unwrapped the dough and slice the cookies into ¼ inch rounds. [Optional: dust with coarse/demerara sugar]
Transfer to an aluminum or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until just golden, 13 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool, then store in an airtight container for up to 5 days (if they last that long) at room temperature.