How to Make Philly Blankets
- Cream together cream cheese, butter and egg yolk.
- Knead in flour 1/2 cup at a time. Add lemon juice. Continue until rolling consistency.
- Flour flat surface. I pull dough apart into softball size pieces(makes it easier to handle). Roll out to approximately 1/4 in thickness. Use either round cookie cutter or round drinking glass to cut out cookies.
- In the center of each cookie drop a tablespoon of preserves or lekvar. Fold cookie and press edges with fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.