★★★★★ 1 vote5
3/4 clight molasses
4 1/4 csifted flour
6 1/2 cgranulated sugar
1 1/4 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 tspground cinnamon
1/2 tspground cloves
1/2 tspground nutmeg
How to Make Pfeffernuesse
- In a small saucepan combine molasses and butter. Cook and stir constantly until butter melts. Transfer to large bowl. Put aside and cool to room temperature.
- Stir in 2 beaten eggs.
- In separate bowl mix together flour,granulated sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and pepper.
- Add flour mix to molasses mix in stages and mix until well incorporated with wooden spoon.
- Wrap in wax paper and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet for 12 minutes and cool.
- Once cool roll each cookie in confectioner's sugar being sure to coat well.