★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 csoftened butter
1 csifted confectioner's sugar
1 tspflavoring of your choice (i like almond, rum or vanilla)
2 1/2 csifted flour
1 pkgsemi-sweet chocolate morsels melted
How to Make Petticoat Tails
- In a small bowl sift together flour and salt.
- In large bowl cream butter.
- Add sugar and flavoring.
- Divide dough into 4 parts. Make each into a rectangular shape.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove from refrigerator and slice chilled dough approximately 1/3" thick each.
- Bake on UN-greased baking sheet for 5 - 6 minutes. (The tops will appear uncooked but will be semi-firm. The bottoms of the cookies will be lightly browned.
- Cool completely. Ice each cookie with the melted semi-sweet chocolate.