★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- softened butter
- 1 c
- sifted confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp
- flavoring of your choice (i like almond, rum or vanilla)
- 2 1/2 c
- sifted flour
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 pkg
- semi-sweet chocolate morsels melted
How to Make Petticoat Tails
- 1In a small bowl sift together flour and salt.
- 2In large bowl cream butter.
- 3Add sugar and flavoring.
- 4Divide dough into 4 parts. Make each into a rectangular shape.
- 5Chill for 1 hour.
- 6Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 7Remove from refrigerator and slice chilled dough approximately 1/3" thick each.
- 8Bake on UN-greased baking sheet for 5 - 6 minutes. (The tops will appear uncooked but will be semi-firm. The bottoms of the cookies will be lightly browned.
- 9Cool completely. Ice each cookie with the melted semi-sweet chocolate.