Peppermint Oatmeal Cookies
2 csifted cake flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 cbutter (do not substitute)
1 clite brown sugar, firmly packed
2 cquick oats
1/2 ccrushed peppermint candy (about 20 pieces)
1 1/2 cpowdered sugar
3 Tbspfinely crushed peppermint candy (about 4-6)
How to Make Peppermint Oatmeal Cookies
- Cream butter and sugar and then add egg.
- Sift together flour, soda, and salt. Add to butter and sugar mixture.
- Add quick oats and candy. Batter will be stiff
- Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper if you have it… it really helps as the candy tends to melt onto the sheets and stick
- Drop dough onto ungreased, cookie sheets and bake at 350 until golden brown… @ 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on pan for @ 1 minute then remove to cookie rack to cool.
Stir together all ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies. I put waxed paper under the cooling racks to help with the cleanup. I also pour the glaze into a zip lock bag and cut one corner off… make sure you don’t cut too much off or your glaze will be gloopy.