**This is a borrowed net picture***
How to Make Peppermint Meringues
- Sift sugars together , Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl , Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed of an electric mixer until foamy ; Beat on high speed , gradually adding sugar until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved ( you can tell if the sugar is dissolved by rubbing the meringue in between your 2 fingers ; if its smooth then all the sugar is dissolved).
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper ; drop heaping tablespoonfuls to form 16 2" meringues.
- Use the back of a teaspoon to form wells in the center of each meringue and fill each well with crushed peppermint candies.
- Bake @ 225 for about 1 hour , turn off the oven and leave the cookie sheet in the oven all night with the door closed.