3/4 stickcrisco baking sticks butter flavor all-vegetable shortening
1/2 cbrown sugar
1 Tbspvanilla extract
2 call purpose flour
3/4 tspbaking powder
3/4 ccrushed peppermint candies, divided
How to Make Peppermint Cookies
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Beat the shortening, brown sugar, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl, on medium speed. Beat in the egg.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder and add to the shortening mixture at a low speed. Stir in 1/2 cup of the crushed peppermint candy.
- Shape the cookie dough into 1" balls, placing them 2" apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned. Immediately sprinkle each cookie with about 1/7 tsp. of the remaining crushed peppermint candy.