1 tsppeppermint extract
4 call purpose flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 ccrushed peppermint pieces, divided
1 ccoating coating dark chocolate
How to Make Peppermint Biscotti
- mix together flour, salt and baking powder and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- in a large mixing bowl,cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well each addition.
- Add extract, mix well.
- Add flour mixture, about a third at a time, mixing well after each addition. Then mix in 3/4 cup of the peppermint pieces. The dough will be stiff.
- Divide cough into 2 equal pieces. On a parchment lined cookie sheet, form each one into a 15" x 4" rectangle.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully place each rectangle on a cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes.
- When cool, cut each loaf diagonally into 3/4 inch slices.
- Reduce oven to 325 degrees. Place slices on baking sheets and bake 10 minutes, turn and bake another 10 minutes, or until just golden. remove to rack and cool completely.
- When cookies are cooled, melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl per package directions. Spread chocolate on one side of each cookie, then sprinkle with remaining peppermint pieces. Let set until set.