☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1egg, well beaten
2 1/2 csifted all-purpose flour
1/4 tspbaking soda
How to Make Pepparkakor (Swedish Ginger Cookies)
- Heat molasses in small saucepan to boiling point. Boil 1 minute.
- Add sugar and butter and stir until butter is melted. Cool.
- Beat in egg.
- Sift together flour, salt, soda and spices.
- Add to first mixture and mix thoroughly. Cover bowl tightly and chill overnight.
- Roll out a portion of the dough at a time on lightly floured pastry cloth. Roll out thin.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350F) 6 to 8 minutes.
The dough may be shaped into a roll and wrapped in waxed paper. Chill thoroughly overnight or longer.
- Slice thin and bake in moderate oven (350F).
These should be stored in an air-tight container - allow flavor to "ripen".