My mom has made these for years but since we don't need the sugar I tried using splenda and no one knew the difference and they are still wonderful =) This recipe can be broken down to half easily too.
11. Cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
2. Beat in water and vanilla.
3. Stir in the flour and pecans until well blended (I use the mixer).
4. Cover dough and chill at least 4 hours (can be chilled over night).
5. Preheat oven 325 degrees.
6. Shape dough into walnut sized balls or cresents.
7. Place 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets.
8. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
9. Roll in powdered sugar while still warm.