How to Make Pecan Sandies
- Preheat oven to 375°F do not grease the pan
- Cream together butter and sugar at medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, flour, pecans and salt. Blend well.
- Gather dough into a ball, wrap and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Scoop and roll dough into small teaspoon-sized balls and place on a non-stick baking sheet about an inch apart. Bake for 8–10 minutes until barely golden. Remove, let sit for 1 minute then gently dredge cookies in powdered sugar. Cool completely and recoat.
- I want to note here a few things, I roll the balls after being refrigerated for a while and just keep the balls in a container for later use, this year I made 100 crazy right, I also have never rolled the balls after resting out of the oven for a minute then coated again I feel this is an unnecessary step as they coat just fine with one coating but if I made fewer I might do this extra step. I have also ground the pecans very finely and at times with a small ruff chop they are a bit dryer with the finely ground version but still very good with a ruff chop you do get the bite of a pecan which very appealing still not sure which I prefer. I also sift my powderd sugar