Pecan Pie Cookie Bars
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 c
- light or dark brown sugar, divided
- 1 c
- butter or margarine, melted
- 1 large
- egg, beaten
- 1 can(s)
- (can) sweetened condensed milk ( i used light)
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- pecans, chopped
How to Make Pecan Pie Cookie Bars
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2In large bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar and butter. Spread on bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- 3In medium bowl, beat together egg, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and remaining brown sugar. Stir in pecans. Pour on top of baked cookie layer. Bake 25 minutes. Cool. Cut into bars. Store leftovers covered at room temperature.
- 4Tips: I added 2 Tbsp of light corn syrup to the pecan mixture someone had mentioned doing this but I am not sure it made much of a difference I guess the next time I make it I will do without and see. I also forgot to melt the room temp butter but managed to work it in enough and pressed it into the pan and it seemed to cook just fine. Happy mistake but it did take some effort so maybe melting would be best. I used light condensed milk.