Pecan Pie Bars
Blue Ribbon Recipe
These are kind of like pecan pie bites. And they were really yummy! A good way to have an easy-to-eat dessert at your next party. The Test Kitchen
3 call purpose flour
1/2 cwhite sugar
1 1/2 clight corn syrup
1 1/2 cwhite sugar
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
2 1/2 cchopped pecans ( i leave some of them whole)
How to Make Pecan Pie Bars
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Line a 10x15 inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper and leave a little over hang to make it easier to lift bars out. Lightly spray with Pam.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, ½ cup sugar, and salt. Cut in the 1 cup of butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the prepared pan, and press in firmly.
3. Bake for 20 min. in a preheated oven.
4. While the crust is baking, prepare the filling. In a large bowl mix together the eggs, corn syrup, 1 ½ cups sugar, 3 tablespoons butter, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the chopped pecans. Spread the filling evenly over the crust as soon as it comes out of the oven.
5. Bake for 25 min. in the preheated oven, or until set. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing into bars. I also loosen the edges of the whole thing with a knife. They can be a little sticky trying to get them out of the pan!