- 3/4 c
- pulverized pecans * check directions on how to do this
- 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/3 c
- packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c
- light corn syrup
- 1/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/3 c
- semi sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Pecan Florentines
- 1Pulverized pecans. To pulverize pecans put them in a food processor or blender and process until thoroughly ground with a DRY not pasty texture. Then measure out 3/4 of a cup.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Line cookie sheets with foil and light grease foil with a spray on oil.
- 4Combine pecans and flour in a small bowl.
- 5Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and milk in a medium sauce pan.
- 6Put the sauce pan over medium heat and stir until mixture comes to a light boil.
- 7Remove from heat and add flour and pecan mixture.
- 8Drop batter by teaspoonfuls about 3 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- 9Bake 10 to 12 minutes until lacy and golden brown.
- 10Cookies will be soft when they are hot, but become crisp as they cool.
- 11I take the foil and slide it off to a flat heat proof surface to let the cookie cool completely.
- 12Peel the cookies off of the foil and set on wax paper.
- 13Place chocolate chips in a zip top bag and place in a hot but not boiling pot of water. For about 10 minutes. Being very careful not to let the bag get ANY water in it.
- 14Knead bag lightly to check that chips are completely melted.
- 15Pat the bag dry and with scissors snip off a small hole in the corner of the bag.
- 16Squeeze melted chocolate over the cookies to decorate.
- 17Let stand until chocolate is set.