How to Make Pecan Balls
- In a mixing bowl, cream together 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar and butter with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add vanilla and blend well.
- Add flour and salt; blend well.
- Stir in pecans. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets or line with parchment paper or silpat.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on baking sheets. Bake 17 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from baking sheets. Carefully roll each ball in remaining confectioners' sugar to coat.
- Allow to cool slightly, then roll again in confectioners' sugar. Store in airtight container.