How to Make Pecan Balls
- 1In a mixing bowl, cream together 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar and butter with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 2Add vanilla and blend well.
- 3Add flour and salt; blend well.
- 4Stir in pecans. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets or line with parchment paper or silpat.
- 6Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on baking sheets. Bake 17 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 7Remove from baking sheets. Carefully roll each ball in remaining confectioners' sugar to coat.
- 8Allow to cool slightly, then roll again in confectioners' sugar. Store in airtight container.