Peanut Butter Pretzel Toffee Cookies
2 call purpose flour
2 cquick cooking rolled oats
2 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 cbutter, softened
2 cbrown sugar, packed
1 1/3 cpeanut butter
2 tspvanilla extract
1 1/3 cpretzels, coarsely crushed
1 1/3 cmilk chocolate toffee bits (8 oz bag hershey heath bits)
·pretzels, broken, as needed
·coarse sea salt, as needed
How to Make Peanut Butter Pretzel Toffee Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 180 C (350 F), get out a baking sheet if wanting to bake this right away.
- In a mixing bowl, add the first 4 ingredients and mix together, then set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar for 5 minutes. Then mix in the peanut butter, then mix in the eggs one at a time, and finally, mix in the vanilla.
- Add about 1/3 of the dry flour mixture to the batter and gently mix in, then add another 1/3 and gently mix to combine, and finally, add the remaining flour to the batter and mix in.
- Now mix in the pretzels and toffee bits.
- TO BAKE RIGHT AWAY:
- Use a small ice cream scoop and scoop out onto an ungreased baking sheet, placing cookies about 1 inch apart. Top each cookie with a few broken pretzel pieces and optionally, just a light sprinkle of coarse sea salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool 5 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool.
- TO FREEZE AND BAKE LATER:
- Plate the sheet in the freezer, once the cookies are frozen, place them in containers, label, and return to the freezer.
- When you want fresh baked cookies, preheat your oven to 180 C (350 F), remove cookies desired and place on a ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool 5 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool.