Peanut butter Owl Cookies
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 3/4 cup of peanut butter
- 3/4 cup of margarine or butter
- 3 eggs (one at a time)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of salt
- 4 and 1/2cups of flour(1 cup of flour at a time)
How to Make Peanut butter Owl Cookies
- 1Cream the sugars and butters together
- 2Add :
3 eggs (one at a time)
2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 3Blend well.
4 teaspoons of baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons of salt.
4 and 1/2cups of flour
(1 cup of flour at a time)
Mix well and then make into a ball.
Take off 1/3 off the ball and add 5 tablespoons of cocoa with it to make the chocolate part of the owl. Blend well.
Roll out the chocolate cookie dough into a log that is 20 inches long.
- 4Make the vanilla dough into a log and then flatten it out into a 4 inch by 20 inch long rectangle.
Lay the chocolate cookie dough in the center of the vanilla dough and wrap the vanilla dough around the chocolate dough. Then roll the dough on the counter gentle until it is rounded and smooth.
Cut in 1/8 to 1/4 inch slices.
- 5Take two slices and lay them side by side on cookie sheet. (place them tightly together). Pinch the top corners to form the ears of the owl.
You will need a can of cashew nuts to use for the beak of the owl.
Put a cashew in the center of the two cookies to form the beak.
For the owls eyes. You will need 4 ounces of cream cheese. I put the cream cheese in a pastry bag and use a # 3 tube to put a dot for the white of the eye.
You will need a bag of chocolate chip for the pupil of the eye. Place one chocolate chip on the dot of cream cheese and press down gentle.
Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool on rack.
Make 3 dozen.