Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars by Maggie
I love oatmeal cookies .. he loves peanut butter cookies. We both love fudge. So we did a little mash-up.
Super simple .. just a little stove top time but no baking involved.
When you need a quick little bit of sweet .. these are the ticket !
1-3/4 cquick cooking oatmeal
1 cgranulated sugar
1/8 tspkosher salt
1/8 tspcinnamon - optional
1/4 ccream or milk (2% or better)
1/2 cpeanut butter - creamy or crunchy
1/4 cwhite chocolate chip
1/4 csemi sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars by Maggie
- Cut a piece of parchment paper long enough to place into an 8x8 baking dish. Spray lightly and set aside.
- Put the oats into a bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan put the sugar, salt and cinnamon - if you are using it - and stir to mix. Add the butter and milk. Heat slowly to a boil, stirring often. After it has come to a full boil, continue cooking on medium high heat for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add the peanut butter and vanilla to the hot mixture and slowly stir to melt the peanut butter completely.
- When the peanut butter mixture is thoroughly combined pour it over the oats and stir to mix well.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of your prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top of the hot mixture and wait for about a minute until they soften. The take an offset spatula or the flat blade of a knife and swirl the melting chips together to form a thin layer over top of the bars.
- Pop it into the refrigerator and wait about an hour. Remove from fridge, then lift the bars from the baking dish onto a cutting board and cut into 1" squares.
- No need to keep in the fridge but do put them into an airtight container.