Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars
I used Dry Roasted Peanuts and pulsed them lightly in my mini food processor.
I didn't have unsalted butter, so I used salted and left out the salt in the recipe.
You could use any sort of preserves that you like.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 stick(1/4 lb) unsalted butter (softened)
3/4 cgranulated sugar
1 largeegg (at room temperature)
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 ccreamy peanut butter
1 1/2 call-purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 cstrawberry preserves
2/3 csalted peanuts
2/3 cpeanut butter chips
How to Make Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and lightly flour a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Lower speed, add egg and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt. On low speed, slowly add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture. Mix until combined. Set aside 1/2 cup of dough.
- Using your fingertips, press remaining dough into an even layer in the pan. Spread preserves over dough. Crumble reserved 1/2 cup dough over preserves and then sprinkle with peanuts and peanut butter chips.
- Bake until golden and bubbly, 45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and cut into bars.