PEANUT BUTTER HOLIDAY COOKIES
1 boxbetty crocker peanut butter cookie mix
1/4 cvegetable oil
1 tsppeppermint extract
1/2 cmaraschino cherries, chopped into quarters (add to dough last)
1 pkghershey's kisses (for topping)-inside box mix
1/4 ccandied red and green cherries (for topping)-optional
·optional: reese's peanut cup candies, chopped (topping)
How to Make PEANUT BUTTER HOLIDAY COOKIES
- Bake at 375 degrees, or 350 degrees for dark or nonstick cookie sheet.
- Empty pouch of cookie mix into a medium size bowl and stir in the oil, water, egg and peppermint extract until soft dough forms. Then add 1/2 cup marschino cherries & stir slightly to blend into dough.
- Roll dough into small 1-1/2 balls and then roll in some sugar to coat. Put dough on cookie sheet that is not greased or use parchment paper.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes - edges will begin to brown. Immediately place a Hershey's Kisses chocolate candy on top (available separately in box of cookie mix). Press lightly. I also use a variation of holiday candied red or green cherries and/or chopped Reese's peanut butter cup candies on each cookie.
- Cool cookies 2 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet. Hershey's Kisses chocolate candies need to be hard (not warm or soft) before storing in an airtight container. TIP: I usually freeze cookies for about 10 minutes if chocolate is still sticky or soft.