Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispies Treats
6 cRice Krispies
1 bagminiature marshmallows, 10 oz
1/4 cunsalted butter
2 ccreamy peanut butter
1 bagminiature peanut butter cups, quartered (12 oz, 39 cups)
1 cmilk chocolate chips
How to Make Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispies Treats
- Butter a 9×13-inch pan and set aside.
- Measure the cereal into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Melt the marshmallows and butter together in a medium saucepan over medium heat (or in the microwave for about 3 minutes, but keep watch so the marshmallows don’t puff over the sides of the bowl!).
- Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the cereal.
- Mix well so the cereal is coated.
- Pour into the prepared pan and use a buttered piece of wax paper to press evenly into pan.
- Cut the peanut butter cups into quarters.
- In the microwave, melt the peanut butter until thin, about 1 minute.
- Gently stir in the quartered peanut butter cups and then pour over the treats.
- Using the back of a spoon, gently spread the peanut butter mixture evenly across the top.
- Again in the microwave, melt the chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the melted chocolate across the top.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator to set before cutting and serving.
- Store in an airtight container.