Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies/Candy
How to Make Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies/Candy
- Place corn syrup and sugar in a medium size saucepan. Heat on med-high, stirring constantly, until it begins to boil.
- Stir constantly for exactly one minute. This is very important. If heated too long, cookies will be tough and crumbly. If not heated long enough, cookies will be 'runny'. It is also very important that you stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter. Stir until peanut butter is completely melted.
- Pour cornflakes into a very large bowl. Pour peanut butter mixture over cornflakes. Mix very well, until cornflakes are completely covered. Some of the cornflakes will crumble in the process. (This may take a few minutes and become harder to stir as the peanut butter mixture cools.)
- Lay out sheets of waxed paper. (Aluminum foil works just as well) Using a teaspoon or Tablespoon, depending on how big you desire the cookies to be, place dollups of the cookie mixture on the waxed paper. If they are cooked correctly, they will not run and you will be able to place the cookies quite close together, thus saving precious counter space. (and who doesn't need to save as much counter space as possible ;) )
- Cool completely. When they are cool, they will come right off the paper. When storing them, if you are using a bowl or otherwise need to store them in more than one layer, place a piece of waxed paper (or foil) between each layer.
- Now, sit back and watch them disappear.