Peanut Butter Cookies with Filling
1 stickbutter, room temperature
1/2 cpeanut butter, creamy
1/2 clight brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cself-rising flour
1 cpeanut butter, creamy
1 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Peanut Butter Cookies with Filling
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or use ungreased cookie sheet.
- For filling - mix together the 1 cup peanut butter and powdered sugar until combined – will be crumbly. Set aside in refrigerator while preparing cookie mixture.
- For cookie dough - cream together the butter, 1/2 cup peanut butter, both sugars (1/2 cup white and 1/2 cup brown), egg and vanilla until smooth. Add flour and mix until combined.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon; set aside.
- To assemble – shape filling into 1” balls. Take cookie dough and form a 1 ½” ball, make indention in center and place filling in indention. (I flatten dough in palm of my hand, place filling ball in center and wrap dough completely over filling.) Cover filling completely with dough, removing any excess, keeping in a ball shape. Roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture, completely covering ball. Flatten to ½” with bottom of glass.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet one minute before transferring to a cooling rack.