Peanut Butter Cinnamon Cookies
Anna Mae Kantor
These are great served with a big ole' glass of cold milk or a cup of hot coffee or tea.
2 1/2 call purpose flour
2 1/2 Tbspground cinnamon (divided)
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
1 tspbaking powder
1 c(2 sticks) softened butter
1 1/2 cgranulated sugar (divided)
1 cfirmly packed light brown sugar
1 ccreamy peanut butter
2 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Peanut Butter Cinnamon Cookies
- Mix flour, 2 tablespoons cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Put aside.
- Blend butter, 1 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter,egg and vanilla in a large bowl with electric mixer on a medium speed until well blended. Gradually add flour mixture on a lower speed until well blended. REFRIGERATE about 2 hours or until it is firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix remaining 1/2 cup sugar and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Shape the dough into 1 inch round balls. Roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat. Place about 3 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Make a criss-cross design with a fork on the top to somewhat flatten the cookie. Be careful not to overbake.
- Bake about 8 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute. Remove to wire rack and cool completely. W
Makes about 6 dozen cookies.
- (If you run out of the cinnamon/sugar to roll the dough in, just make more by mixing 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.)
- ENJOY !!!