Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Annamaria Settanni McDonald
1 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 stickunsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 ccreamy peanut butter
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1/3 clight brown sugar
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1/2 crolled oats
1 csemi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cshredded coconut (optional)
How to Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- On medium speed, cream together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract, about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and beat to combine. On low speed, gradually add the flour until just combined. Stir in the oats, and then the chocolate chips and coconut.
- Drop heaping Tablespoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden. Cool completely on the baking sheet and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- NOTE…The cookies will not look “done” when you pull them out of the oven, but they will continue to bake on the hot baking sheets out of the oven. If they are slightly brown, the edges look just set and they are puffy in the middle they are ready to come out!
Do not over cook!