Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten and Egg Free)
FOR THE WET INGREDIENTS:
2 Tbspground chia seeds
1/4 cvery hot water
1/4 capple sauce, unsweetened
1/4 cgrapeseed or melted coconut oil
3/4 csugar or other dry sweetener
1 ccreamy organic peanut butter
2 tspvanilla extract
FOR THE DRY INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 c(to 1 3/4 cups) sorghum flour
1/2 tspsea salt
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/4 cgluten free chocolate chips
How to Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten and Egg Free)
- Preheat oven to 350'F
- Place the chia seeds in a coffee grinder and grind until fine. Put them into a large bowl and then add the hot water and stir to create a gooey paste. This should take about 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients to the gooey chia mixture and give it a good mix. I used my hand held mix master, it worked great. Mix for about 1 minute.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and form a ball of dough. The dough will be quite sticky and will ride up on the beaters. Just turn the machine of and remove the dough, mix again. Use enough flour until the mixture holds together well.
- Add a hand full of gluten free chocolate chips to the mixture and give it another whirl with the mix master.
- I also found the dough to be quite oily.
- Roll dough into balls. I got 30 balls from this recipe.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and press down with the tines of a fork in a cross hatch pattern like you see on peanut butter cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool the rest of the way. Store in a glass container in the fridge.