Peanut Butter Chewies
My husband loves these and that from someone who told me they didn't like peanut butter.
Oh, important - use a stand mixer, you won't regret it - otherwise, your arm will get very tired with a hand mixer. These are awesome!
Originally posted to Granny's Delights: grannysdelights.blogspot.com/...html
- 2 stick
- butter, unsalted, at room temperature
- 1 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c
- white sugar
- 1/4 c
- corn syrup, dark
- 3/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 large
- 18 oz jar crunchy peanut butter
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
How to Make Peanut Butter Chewies
- 1Lightly grease or line 3 - 4 cookie sheets with parchment paper/silpat. Preheat oven to 325°F (Convection Ovens or dark cookie sheets - 300°F).
- 2In the mixing bowl of your stand mixer cream butter, sugars, corn syrup, baking soda, salt, vanilla together until creamy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- 3Add eggs, one at a time, and blend in thoroughly after each addition.
- 4Add in peanut butter and beat until light and fluffy. Blend in flour until fully incorporated.
- 5Chill dough 20-30 minutes in the freezer (or refrigerate overnight before scooping - this prevents them from spreading too much, 'cuz if they spread, they won't be soft or chewy).
- 6Drop by tablespoonfuls (or use a cookie scoop) onto prepared cookie sheets.
- 7Bake for 15-16 minutes - but don't overbake or they won't be chewy, the edges should be lightly browned and the centers will look a bit shiny or slightly underdone.
- 8Very Important: Let them cool on the sheets for about 15 minutes before even attempting to move. Cookies are extremely fragile at this stage ~ this waiting time is imperative. Using a spatula, move cookies to cooling racks and let cool completely.
- 9Store your cookies in an airtight container (put in a slice of bread to help keep them soft/chewy).
Yield: 5 to 5 1/2 dozen - great for bake sales or classroom treats - Very Easy - a surefire winner!
Variation: add 1 - 1 1/2 cups of mini chocolate chips (or peanut butter chips for super peanutty goodness) ~ or miniature M&Ms candies.