Peanut Butter Blossoms
3/4 ccreamy peanut butter
1/3 cgranulated sugar
1/3 cpacked brown sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 call-purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
How to Make Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl until well blended; add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned; immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie (cookie will crack around edges).
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack; cool completely.