Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprints
1 stickbutter, unsalted, cut in pats
1/2 cpeanut butter, smooth or chunky
1/4 tspkosher salt
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 largeegg yolk
·jam or jelly
How to Make Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprints
- Place all ingredients (except jam) in a large bowl. Use hands to mix well.
- Make 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch balls. You should have 20. Place on cookie sheet, leaving room to spread out. If you have a large enough cookie sheet, they should fit 4 wide and 5 long.
- Gently press with thumb in the center of each ball to make an indentation. Don't press too hard. It is normal for the dough to crack a bit.
- Spoon a bit of jam in each center of cookie. Do not over fill.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 22-24 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool until warm on cookie sheet. The cookies are too fragile to transfer when they are hot.
- When sufficiently cooled, transfer cookies with a spatula to a rack to cool completely.
- Store airtight between layers of waxed paper.
Make 20 cookies.