Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprints
How to Make Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprints
- 1Place all ingredients (except jam) in a large bowl. Use hands to mix well.
- 2Make 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch balls. You should have 20. Place on cookie sheet, leaving room to spread out. If you have a large enough cookie sheet, they should fit 4 wide and 5 long.
- 3Gently press with thumb in the center of each ball to make an indentation. Don't press too hard. It is normal for the dough to crack a bit.
- 4Spoon a bit of jam in each center of cookie. Do not over fill.
- 5Bake in a 325 degree oven for 22-24 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool until warm on cookie sheet. The cookies are too fragile to transfer when they are hot.
- 6When sufficiently cooled, transfer cookies with a spatula to a rack to cool completely.
- 7Store airtight between layers of waxed paper.
Make 20 cookies.