Peanut Butter And Chocolate Sandwich Cookies1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 cpeanut butter chips
3 Tbspbutter, softened
1/2 cbutter, softened
1 1/4 csugar, divided
1/4 clight corn syrup
1 tspvanilla extract
2 call purpose flour, divided
2 Tbspall purpose flour
2 tspbaking soda
5 Tbspbutter, melted
How to Make Peanut Butter And Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In small saucepan over very low heat, melt peanut butter chips and 3 tablespoons softened butter.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- In large mixer bowl, beat remaining 1/2 cup softened butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add corn syrup, egg and vanilla; blend thoroughly.
- Combine 2 cups flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture, blending well.
- Remove 1 1/4 cups batter and place in a small bowl; with wooden spoon, stir in remaining 2 tablespoons flour and peanut butter chip mixture.
- Blend cocoa, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and melted butter into remaining batter.
- Refrigerate both batters 5-10 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
- Roll both doughs into 1" balls; roll in additional sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-11 minutes or until set.
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Place 1 marshmallow on flat side of 1 chocolate cookie.
- Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 10 seconds or until marshmallow is softened; place a peanut butter cookie over marshmallow, pressing down slightly.
- Repeat with remaining marshmallows and cookies.
- Serve immediately--makes about 2 dozen sandwich cookies.