Peaches & Cream Oatmeal Cookies
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This recipe sure was intriguing to me. The fruit and the white chocolate chips caught my eye and I couldn't wait to try it. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find dried peaches so I used dried apricots and the cookies still turned out wonderfully. I also saw some dried blueberries on the shelf... Maybe next time!
NOTE: Debbie's directions call for butter, but a specific amount isn't given. I used 1/2 cup and it worked great. The Test Kitchen
3/4 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/4 clight brown sugar
1/4 cdark brown sugar
1 1/2 crolled oats
1/2 cchopped dried peaches
1/2 cchopped walnuts
1/2 cwhite chocolate chips
How to Make Peaches & Cream Oatmeal Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. with the racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. In stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Slowly add egg and continue mixing. Slowly add flour mixture, oats, peaches, waltnuts and white chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
- Line 2 sheet trays with parchment paper. With wet hands make 20 balls from the dough placing evenly amoung sheet trays. Press down on cookie dough with palm of your hand to make a flat circle.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden and still a bit tender in the center. Remove from oven and let sit on sheet trays 1 minute. Remove to cooling racks to cool completely.
- You can use just about any kind of dried fruit in these.