Peaches and Cream Cookies
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Cute as a button! If you like vermouth you will LOVE these darling sweet treats... and so will your friends! The Test Kitchen
1 cvegetable oil
3 tspbaking powder
1 boxvanilla pudding mix
1 csweet vermouth
1/4 tsporange food coloring
1/4 tspgreen food coloring
2 cconfectioners' sugar
3 Tbspstick margerine softened
How to Make Peaches and Cream Cookies
- Beat eggs slightly, then add oil, baking powder, flour and sugar. Mix well and refrigerate overnight or for several hours.
- When your dough is cool. Roll it in your hands to make walnut sized balls or smaller. Place them on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.
While these are baking, make your vanilla pudding according to the package directions.
- When they have cooled, use a small melon baller to scoop out the centers of two balls and fill each in with a spoon of pudding. Put the two cookies together. Continue doing this until all of your pudding filled balls have been made.
- In a bowl mix 1 cup of Sweet Vermouth and 1/4 tsp of orange food coloring. Dip each cookie into the Vermouth mixture and then set on a rack to drain, but do not let it dry. After each cookie sits on the rack for a minute or so, roll it in a bowl of granulated sugar, and set back on the rack to dry.
- Now that you have your peaches, you are going to make a quick butter cream to pipe "leaves" onto the top of each one. Mix together your confectioner's sugar, butter, milk and green food coloring. Use a decorator bag and a leaf tip to pip one or two small green leaves at the top of each cookie.
After these have "set" I put them in fancy little paper cups for serving! Yumm