PB&J bars from The Fat Witch Bakery
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature and cut into pieces, 1 1/4 sticks
- 1 cup strawberry jam, the chunkier the better
How to Make PB&J bars from The Fat Witch Bakery
- 1grease a 9 x 9" baking pan with butter. Dust with flour and tap out the excess. Preheat the oven to 350°.
Measure the flour, salt, and baking soda and then sift together into a large bowl. Mix in the oats and both sugars and combine well.
- 2Add the peanut butter and mix well. Add butter pieces, one at a time, continuing to mix until well combined.
- 3Spread two thirds of the mixture evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking pan, using your hands to press down the dough. Bake for 15 minutes or until the dough starts to turn Brown. Remove from the oven.
- 4Using a spatula, spread the jam gently and evenly over the hot crust. With your hands, crumble the remaining dough mixture on top of the jam. Don't worry if it's not perfectly even or if you don't cover every inch.
- 5Return the pan to the oven and bake for another 20 minutes. The preserves should be a little bubbly and the top should be Golden.
Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for two hours. Cut just before serving. Makes 12 to 16 bars