- 1 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- granny smith apple peeled and diced about 2 cups
- 1 c
- chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp
- butter cut into pieces
- of a 17.3-ounce package pepperidge farm® puff pastry sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- confectioners' sugar
How to Make Pastry Cookies
- 1Heat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- 2Stir the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Add the apples, pecans and butter and toss to coat.
- 3Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface.
- 4Roll the pastry sheet into a 15x10-inch rectangle. Brush the pastry sheet with water.
- 5With the long side facing you, spoon the apple mixture on the pastry to within 2 inches of the long sides and to the edge of the short sides.
- 6Starting at a long side, roll up like a jelly roll.
- 7Cut the pastry roll into 12 (1 1/4-inch) slices. Place the pastry slices, cut-side down, onto the baking sheet.
- 8Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Remove the pastries from the baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar.
- 9• Flavor Variation: You can substitute walnuts for the pecans if you like.